Wednesday, February 8, 2017

To Sleep, Perchance...

I spent most of the day unconscious because it's the most effective way of keeping myself safe when my brain is malfunctioning. The downside is that it throws off my sleep cycle, which is a dodgy prospect on work nights. I can't pull an all-nighter when I have three hours worth of driving to do around an 8-hour shift of manual labor with power tools. So at bedtime, I went to bed. I read for a while, talked to the cats, counted to a hundred and back, did breathing exercises, cried about everything that's stressing me, stared at the ceiling, and finally, after about five hours, I dozed off and started to dream.

Because my brain hates me, I dreamed that I had slept through the alarm and had to call my boss to tell him I'd be late, which upset him greatly because it meant the only person on site was the coworker who needs a lot of babysitting. This dream worried me so much that it woke me up, to find that I had a whole five minutes before the alarm would go off.

I need a less defective brain. Think Amazon carries those?

No comments:

Post a Comment