Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Plastered

We were back to the 1820s house in Massachusetts today, and it was primarily a day of plaster-pulling for me. Some of that plaster was on ceilings, which meant using PPE (personal protective equipment) to protect myself from dust, both in my lungs and in my eyes. How sexy is this look, eh?


I also did some lath-pulling, exposing the "live" edge of all the lumber used to frame the interior walls. This is in one of the bedrooms:


And this is under the attic stairs:


Spending a bit of time working in a different room than last time meant a different bonus wallpaper remnant hidden under the moulding and drop ceiling. It's subtle, but kind of neat.


Tomorrow I'm off doing window stuff, and I don't know whether I'll have a chance to take pictures, but I have a feeling it'll be a walk in the park compared to today. And I won't come home covered in plaster dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment