Monday, September 4, 2017

Earworms

My sister and I both tend to listen to music almost constantly when we're at home, but our tastes don't overlap enough for us to be able to agree on a radio station when we travel, so we end up getting a few catchy songs stuck in our heads and then "torture" the other with whatever earworm is in play. On our Florida trip (which was lovely, and I'll tell y'all more about it soon), we had snippets of things like The Hustle, "America" from West Side Story, and the song from an old flash animation called Little Red Monkey stuck in our heads. We were both getting sick of those after a while, so I shoved my brain onto another track... and started humming the waltz from Die Fledermaus. My sister's brain was right there with me, so for the last two days of the trip, we'd find ourselves driving down some highway or other in Florida, loudly "singing" Strauss to keep ourselves amused.

We're weird, and it's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment