Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Hearing Protection

I told y'all a while back about the shed my bosses have on the property that got damaged by the garbage truck. Well, they've got their handyman/carpenter friend on the job, and not only did he straighten (with the clever use of comealongs and trees) and reinforce the frame, he's turning the building into quite the cozy studio for Boss Lady.

The other day, he was using a benchtop planer to dimension some lumber, and I noticed that he wasn't wearing hearing protection. I had to go out to ask him to move his truck anyway, so while I was there I asked him if the screaming noise of the planer bothered him. "Aw, nah," he said, "I just turn off my hearing aids and I can't hear a thing."

Proof that deafness can be a blessing, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment