Saturday, March 24, 2018

Cookies!

My sister is in Florida visiting our grandmother this weekend. I'm at home frantically packing, hoping I can get everything out by the end fo the month. So I'm more than a little jealous of her, but I figured I'd try to find a silver lining by asking my sister if she could casually find a way to ask Grandma to bake cookies so sis could bring some home for me.

My sister asked me what kind of cookies I wanted, so I told her my top three, figuring she and Grandma would pick whichever one they had on hand or had the ingredients for. The next email said, "so grandma and I are making cookies on Monday, because she doesn't have all of those and wants to be sure you get all that you want."

I... um... okay! I keep forgetting that Grandma's the giving type. Mum definitely isn't, and I didn't see Grandma for many years before last summer, so I'm re-learning how to interact with someone who's more than happy to go out of her way to make someone else happy. It's a nice problem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment