Wednesday, March 15, 2017

This And That

Bits and bobs today...

I didn't get that job I interviewed for. I'm more than a little upset.

One of the local plow guys passed my house with his truck window open as I was shoveling earlier today. Two seconds after he passed, I got slammed with the smell of cigar smoke. Ten seconds after he passed, I was still being suffocated by that scent. It was like being in Laconia during bike week... I can't understand why people do that to themselves.

I'm on the hunt for a book I read a long time ago. I can't remember the title or author. I'm fairly certain I read it in the very early '90s, and I think it might have been part of our school reading curriculum at the time. It's about a girl who finds herself turning into a bird (an owl, perhaps), but she doesn't understand what's happening and it's quite painful. I think there was a bit about her wings starting to develop, and her efforts to bind the two painful nubs forming on her back so nobody would see them. If you have any ideas about what this book could be, let me know. My Google-fu, which is usually fairly strong, is failing me on this one.

Update: found the book! It's Gwinna by Barbara Helen Berger.

No comments:

Post a Comment